RED BIOHAZARD BAG WASTE PICK UP AND DISPOSAL
Red bag waste is defined as items that have come into contact with a potential infectious agent and must be disposed of in a red biohazard waste bag.
These items include but are not limited to: blood soaked items, gauze, bandages, specimen cups, items containing dried blood or other fluids, gloves, gowns, intravenous bags, soft plastic items, table paper, personal protective equipment, closed and sealed disposable sharps containers and leak-proof containers of liquids.
Proper packaging and disposal of red bag waste is required by State and Federal agencies. Logix Environmental offers a complete line of red biohazard bags and disposal options.
Mishandling redbag waste and medical waste can result in hefty fines and violations. We offer free audit to ensure the medical waste in your organization is within government guidelines. Without proper training, employees should not be handling medical waste disposal within your organization.
ITEMS FOR RED BAGS
• Blood, products of blood, and their containers
• Discarded surgical instruments and gloves
• Anything caked, soaked, or dripping in blood
• Tissues from surgery and autopsy
• Cultures and stocks of infectious agents
• Discarded vaccines
• Suction canisters with any fluid
• Hemovac and pleurovac drainage
• Operating room waste saturated with body fluids as defined by OSHA
• All waste produced in a room from patients isolated with HIGHLY communicable diseases (These are CDC Class IV definitions including Ebola, Lassa Fever, Marburg and Small Pox; NOT such conditions as AIDS, Hepatitis or TB where the waste can be handled as non-red bag waste)
• Discarded needles used to give shots or draw blood (e.g., medical sharps) in the appropriate container
• Removed body organs (e.g., tonsils, appendices, limbs)
• Discarded lancets
• Any potentially infectious material.
• Contaminated items that would release blood or other potentially infectious materials in a liquid or semi-liquid state if compressed.
Call us now for a free evalutaion and quote for your medical waste disposal needs!